In this day and age, there seems to be a phone app for everything—the weather, news, directions, dog sitters, food delivery and so much more. Businesses have customized phone apps for customer use, and now most industries are on board with the phone app craze. But some industries’ workers actually need a smartphone in order to succeed in their line of work.
Consider truck drivers—while they don’t need a phone to talk on while driving, they do rely on a variety of smartphone driving apps in Wytheville, VA to help them use their time wisely, get healthy and stay safe on the roads. The good news is that the trucking industry encourages drivers to use this technology. A recent survey shows that a majority of truckers use mobile apps to monitor weather, road and traffic conditions and gas prices. Also, many truckers say they use their phone more than their laptop while on the road.
If you’re a trucker looking for the best semi truck apps in Wytheville, VA, read on. Here are five popular trucking apps for Apple and Android devices:
- My Fitness Pal: This app is for everyone, and that includes truckers. One of the biggest challenges of truck driving is staying physically healthy, since driving a truck involves a lot of sitting, fast foods and irregular sleep schedules. As such, many truck drivers feel sluggish more often than they should. The free My Fitness Pal app tracks your daily food intake and can look up the number of calories, fats, carbs and grams of sugar you’re consuming. You can input your exercises to keep track of your physical activity and calories burned.
- Trucker Tools: More like a collection of mini apps, Trucker Tools is designed to help you find specific truck stops and weigh stations, as well as look up the weather prior to driving through an area.
- Gas Buddy: If you’re an independent truck driver paying for gas out of pocket, then you know that every penny saved adds up. Download Gas Buddy, turn on the GPS location tracker and watch it find the local gas stations with the best price per gallon. The app lets you sort gas stations by price or proximity to find the best fuel deals nearest you.
- Waze: Waze is an app made for personal drivers and commercial truck drivers. This handy app uses your GPS, current driving speed and user reports to estimate your trip time, updating live to the minute. You can avoid traffic jams, prepare for tolls and know when emergency vehicles are nearby.
- FleetSafer: This app turns off text and email notifications while you are driving. It sends an automatic “I’m driving” message to anyone trying to contact you.
The team at Complete Truck Service Inc. wants semi truck drivers to stay safe while navigating the roads—and these apps can help. If you find yourself in a jam or stranded on the side of the road, don’t hesitate to give us a call. Our roadside assistance services are available 24 hours a day!
Categorised in: Trucking Tips
This post was written by Writer