When you’re out on the road and hunger strikes, biting into a candy bar may offer quick relief, but all of that sugar and fat is bad for your body. Ditch the fattening foods and munch on these healthy trucking foods in Wytheville, VA instead—you’ll feel much better, and may even start to lose some weight:
- Apples with peanut butter: Fresh apples are healthy and delicious on their own, but when paired with some peanut butter, you get some extra protein. Be sure to look for peanut butter that’s low in sugar.
- Veggies with hummus: Again, there’s nothing wrong with eating plain vegetables, but when you dip them in hummus, you get more protein, healthy fats and fiber. Red peppers, green peppers and cherry tomatoes all go great with hummus.
- Hard-boiled eggs: With five to six grams of protein and only 70 calories, hard-boiled eggs are one of the best snacks around. You can find these healthy trucking foods in Wytheville, VA at truck stops, or you can quickly make them yourself at home and pack them in a cooler before hitting the road.
- Nuts: Almonds, peanuts, walnuts and pistachios are all incredible sources of protein, but be careful of how many you eat, because the calories can stack up quickly.
- Trail mix: Take some of your favorite nuts above, mix them with granola and raisins and you’ve got one healthy snack! Though you can make trail mix on your own, you can find many varieties at grocery stores. Just be sure to avoid packs that contain a ton of sugar.
- Yogurt and berries: Plain Greek yogurt has 17 grams of protein and not much sugar, making it a good snack. However, it’s not all that tasty on its own, so liven it up with some fresh berries! Raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and blueberries are all great options.
- Deli rollups: If you’re in the mood for a sandwich, but don’t want the added carbs that come with the bread, just ditch it! Simply roll up a few slices of meat with some cheese and bite in. You can also add lettuce and veggies to get more vitamins.
- Beef jerky: Believe it or not, some types of jerky are very healthy trucking snacks in Wytheville, VA. Plus, you can purchase it at pretty much any gas station or grocery store, and it doesn’t need to be refrigerated. Just be sure to avoid the brands that contain tons of sugar and sodium.
- Tuna pouch: Tuna now comes in easy-to-eat pouches, not just those old annoying cans. If you don’t mind the fishy smell, tuna pouches deliver healthy omega-3 fatty acids that reduce heart disease, along with about 16 grams of protein.
- Cheese plates: For a snack that feels “high-end,” slice up some different types of cheeses and mix them in a Tupperware container with walnuts, apples or berries! It’s a fast snack that could be served as an appetizer at a fancy restaurant.
Keep yourself in shape by eating these healthy trucking snacks in Wytheville, VA, and keep your truck up to date by choosing Complete Truck Service Inc. for all of your maintenance and repair needs! We offer a variety of services for trucks of all sizes.
Categorised in: Trucking Tips
This post was written by Writer