Are you looking for ways to improve efficiency, cut back on downtime and reduce the need for truck repair in Wytheville, VA? If so, then you need to perform basic maintenance on all of your fleet vehicles. This post will cover some of the top fleet maintenance techniques that’ll help ensure you have the best-running vehicles out on the road:
- Schedule inspections: More often than not, breakdowns occur due to undiagnosed wear and tear. One second your vehicle seems to be running smoothly, and the next, there’s steam coming out from under the hood. Engine issues, brake problems, tire troubles, dead batteries and a whole host of other unfortunate circumstances can easily be prevented with quick checkups performed by a professional mechanic. Those these may seem like unnecessary expenses, the cost of inspections pales in comparison to the cost of making sudden repairs.
- Make a maintenance checklist: Creating a checklist is never a bad idea, and this certainly holds true when it comes to fleet maintenance. Your maintenance checklist should include steps like checking the tread on your tires, testing the battery and looking for fluid leaks, among many other things.
- Perform tune-ups: Tuning up the engine of your fleet vehicles can increase their lifespan, improve fuel economy and reduce oil consumption. Much like inspections, tune-ups may seem like a useless expense, but they’re a lot cheaper than engine repairs or replacement in the long run.
- Clean regularly: A fleet of nice and tidy vehicles doesn’t just look better—cleaning them can prevent a whole bunch of problems from occurring in the long run. Dirt can chip away paint, exposing the bodies to the elements. Over time, this can lead to rust and further damage to the bodies of your vehicles. Make a weekly habit of washing your fleet vehicles—you’ll be glad you did!
- Make repairs as soon as possible: Is the engine knocking? Are the brakes squeaking? Does the suspension seem a little off? Any sign of an issue with your fleet vehicles needs to be handled right away. Waiting to bring your vehicles in for truck repair in Wytheville, VA can make the problems worse, which means the repairs will probably be more expensive to complete. Additionally, having any issues remedied sooner rather than later means that your vehicles will be in the shop for a shorter amount of time.
- Install fleet maintenance software: New fleet maintenance software can alert you when your vehicle is due for a tune-up or inspection, and can quickly verify that all of your vehicles are in compliance with safety regulations. Additionally, these software programs allow you to set a budget for maintenance, so you’re not hit with unexpected expenses at the auto shop.
Whether you need fleet maintenance or truck repair in Wytheville, VA, be sure to choose Complete Truck Service Inc. Our wide variety of services and knowledgeable crew members make us the best trucking company in the business. Give us a call today to find out what we can do for you!
Categorised in: Truck and Trailer Repair
This post was written by Writer