Happy New Year! What does 2019 have in store for you? Chances are you probably have at least one or two new year’s resolutions you’d like to keep—whether they include exceling at work, taking better care of yourself or improving your family life.
As a truck service in Wytheville, VA, we take an interest in the health and wellbeing of the truck drivers we serve. When our customers are taking care of themselves, it means they will be safer and more effective drivers, which is what’s best for them, for their employers and for those of us who work on their vehicles.
With that in mind, we thought we would share what some of our customers’ new year’s resolutions are for 2019. Take a look—chances are they aren’t too different from your own!
- Drive more safely: In the world of trucking, speed is of course important. But there are some things that are more important: keeping yourself and other drivers safe, and avoiding getting a ticket. In 2019, our customers will be focused on maintaining their quality driving records.
- Plan better: There are a lot of logistical concerns that go into being a truck driver—and it all comes down to delivering your goods on a timely schedule. Truck drivers need to have an ETA and stick to it, so this year our customers will work on their scheduling, logistical and time management skills.
- Make time for loved ones: Truck drivers have to be away from their families and friends for long stretches of time—that’s just part of the job. But they also get time off, and we know our customers value that time very much. In 2019, we can all take more time to enjoy our loved ones. When our customers are at home, they plan to enjoy family dinners, no-screen time with their kids and visits with good friends.
- Get more sleep: All those days on the road mean sleeping in a different place every night, and on a different schedule. That can make it difficult to maintain a consistent sleep schedule, but in 2019, our customers will be committed to getting enough sleep every night. Tricks like using ear plugs and eye masks, bringing their own pillows and using over-the-counter sleep aids can help with this common resolution.
- Make healthy choices: Finally, our customers’ last resolution is one we can probably all relate to: make healthier choices! That means eating a granola bar instead of a donut, getting a little exercise in each day and taking the time to meditate or do some mindful breathing every once in a while.
Truck drivers aren’t different from anyone else, and in 2019, we could all do a better job taking care of ourselves, focusing on our families and doing a more thorough and careful job at work.
If you are looking for a truck service in Wytheville, VA that treats its employees and customers like family, then we invite you to get in touch with Complete Truck Service Inc. Let us be your new truck repair and maintenance provider in 2019!
Categorised in: Truck Service
This post was written by Writer