Maintain Your Fleet’s AC Systems with Help from a Mobile Diesel Mechanic in Wytheville, VAMay 21, 2018 11:25 pm Leave your thoughts
Driving during the summer months can be enjoyable. Your drivers are able to admire the scenery with more daylight hours, and they can take breaks and get some fresh air in lovely weather. However, if your truck fleet isn’t properly maintained leading up to the summer, your drivers may have to grapple with the discomfort of a malfunctioning air conditioning system. Don’t wait until your drivers are struggling through the summer heat to take care of AC systems. Instead, take the necessary steps to maintain your AC systems now so that your trucks stay cool and comfortable no matter what the forecast throws your way.
Air conditioning maintenance tips
Whether you have a single truck or an entire fleet, there are certain things that you can do to ensure the AC system functions the way it should. By using the following maintenance tips, you can be certain that your drivers will be able to effectively control the climate in their trucks so that they can focus on their jobs:
- Annual inspections: Major issues in your truck usually don’t happen overnight. Regular inspections give you the chance to catch small problems before they develop into major issues that require costly repairs. Getting an inspection from a mobile diesel mechanic in Wytheville, VA gives you the opportunity to make minor repairs instead of experiencing major mechanical failure later on.
- Filter care: Your air filters are responsible for promoting the flow of clean air into your cabin, but they can inhibit the operation of your AC system if they are blocked by debris. You should replace your air filter regularly to prevent debris accumulation from blocking airflow.
- Leak repair: You should make sure to keep an eye out for AC leaks and call a mechanic as soon as you notice one. You likely won’t be able to repair leaks effectively on your own, so it’s important to seek professional assistance if you find one.
- Condenser maintenance: Debris may build up on condensers, especially during the fall and winter, when fallen leaves are plentiful. Cleaning your condenser on a regular basis will prevent this debris from causing issues in your AC system.
- Blower motor checks: If your AC system has stopped producing air entirely, it’s possible that a malfunctioning blower motor is to blame. Make sure you are aware of any changes I the operation of your air conditioning system. If airflow stop or you notice humming, buzzing or grinding sounds when your AC system is on, it’s likely that your blower motor is not working the way it should. It’s important to get help with a faulty blower motor from a mobile diesel mechanic in Wytheville, VA as soon as possible to avoid long-term damage to your AC system.
Contact a mobile diesel mechanic in Wytheville, VA
At Complete Truck Service Inc., we understand what a big difference an effective AC system can make when it comes to the overall comfort of a drive. That’s why we are happy to offer repair and maintenance services that are designed to keep your fleet’s major systems, including air conditioning, in the best condition possible. Get in touch with us today to learn more.
Categorised in: Mobile Diesel Mechanic
This post was written by Writer